SyncToy Hanging

SyncToySyncToy is a good utility (and free). But every-so-often i’ve found it to hang. It will be on one particular sync and no matter how many times I’ve tried, it will not budge.

After much playing the solution is to remove the various oddly named .bin files in the SyncToyData folder in My Documents.

Dunno why and can’t find any reference on the ‘net to anybody else having this issue.

Posted by David Artiss

Enterprise Happiness Engineer for the WordPress VIP team at Automattic. Gamer, film lover and general fan of all things Marvel, Star Trek and Star Wars. Failed comedian. Writer for The Big Tech Question. World's Greatest Grandma.

2 Replies to “SyncToy Hanging”

  1. Merry Christmas.



    Hope the wedding plans are still going as well as I have read on your blog.


  2. Hi Sabrina!

    Merry Christmas and an equally excellent New Year to you too!

    David x


Talk to me!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.