Approximate time to read: <1 minute
No, not this time.
But I’ve noticed that I mentioned some time ago about using new Captcha software. Well, after some head scratching (explained in a bit) I’ve got it up and working on the BMTG site.
Scratching, because it refused to work. In the end it turned out that another piece of code was interfering with it. I used the least elegant solution to the problem (rather than getting them to work in harmony, I simply turned the other code off on the pages that needed the captcha) and all is well.
It might be worth taking a while to peruse the BMTG site whilst you’re there as I’ve recently made LOTS of changes to it. These include…
- Removed a menu system that I was trialling (it had drop-down sub-options) and have instead implemented a simple single menu, but where options lead to screens with further sub-options on.
- Good use of iconography on screens
- The front page is now delivered via a back-end MySQL database
- Top-of-page adverts are also now delivered from a MySQL database
- Various page tidies
- Completely re-validated all the pages, checked links, checked across browsers, etc, etc.
Not bad. Even if I do say so myself!