Due to updates, over time, that have been made to the site and the age of this article, this post may not display correctly. In particular images may be missing or product reviews display incorrectly.

If this is the case and you'd particularly like me to fix it, then please reach out to me on Twitter.


For some time I’ve been struggling with a problem with my Google Maps API – an error that will sometimes appear in Internet Explorer.

Anyway, I did some research yesterday and found a number of possible solutions. They all revolve around the idea that IE doesn’t like you displaying the map until the page has completed.

The three solutions I found were…

  1. Load the map script using an onload event
  2. Use the setTimeout javascript function to delay the execution of the code
  3. Move the javascript to the end of the HTML

I used the third one and it now appears to have cured the problem. Hoorah!