The Lollipop version of Cyanogen has been available to OnePlus One owners since early in the week but, due to a slow OTA rollout, many have yet to receive it. If, like me, you’re impatient to try it then there’s an answer – it doesn’t require your phone to be rooted, it doesn’t wipe your existing data and it comes with pretty close to zero risk. I’d just recommend that you have a decent amount of battery left before proceeding.
- Download this ZIP file containing the update and place it on your phone – the download folder is the usual place
- Switch the phone off and then switch it on, holding Volume Down and Power at the same time. Once it vibrates, let go.
- It will now boot into Cyanogen Recovery. Tap on “Apply Update” and then “Choose from internal storage”. Choose the folder you downloaded the file to and then click on the file itself.
- You should now be back to the start menu. Select “Wipe cache partition”.
- Finally, select “Reboot system now”.
That’s it – it will boot up (slowly, as it’s installing) and will optimise all your apps – depending on how many you have determine how long the whole process should take, but for me it was all over with 15-20 minutes.
And once it’s all done, don’t forget to delete that very large zip file that you downloaded!
New version released
A new version of CM12 has been released so I’ve updated the link to reflect this.