On Saturday, November 17th 2018, I got to talk at WordCamp Edinburgh. The title was “How I became a core contributor and an expert on WordPress transients: A Developer’s Story”.
Below is a viewable set of slides from the talk (which lack the appropriate fonts)…
Alternatively, click here to download the presentation (for Apple Keynote) – this includes the required fonts and, as presenter notes, my script.
Alternatively, click here for a PDF copy of the slides and presenter notes.
- Description of transients from Codex
- Support ticket – “why do I need this?”
- Support ticket – 3.8GB options table
- “Everyone seems to misunderstand how transient expiration works…”
- Description of object cache
- Original ticket about transient housekeeping
- Now fixed in 4.9? Code evidence
- Original ticket about transient name lengths
Thanks for John Maeda for the idea about using my phone number for questions.