First of all, let me start by saying that I don’t normally blog about technology stories that are already being plastered everywhere, including the BBC news page. However, in this case, I’m so excited about the story that I feel the need to comment.
Google has announced – finally – that it’s working on an OS to compete with Windows.
Here are the points you need to know…
- It’s initially aimed at Netbooks, but will eventually work it’s way onto PC’s.
- It will be compatible with both x86 and ARM processors
- It will take a matter of seconds to boot up
- It is designed around internet use and will be easy to use with a clean interface
- Security will be at it’s heart, with Google hoping for a virus and spyware free experience
- It will be separate to Android, it’s mobile platform
- The OS is expected to be launched in the middle of next year
- It will be Open Source, and the source code is likely to be made available later this year
Roll on next summer!