Approximate time to read: <1 minute
Sony regularly send surveys to targeted PlayStation users. One of their more recent asks for people to vote on a series of potential features and state how appealing they are. Now, the fact that they’re asking would suggest that Sony are, at least, considering them.
- A player reputation system (already a feature on the Xbox One)
- A gamer matchmaking system
- The ability to chat across PlayStation platforms (inc. Vita and PS3)
- Able to change your PlayStation user name
- An invisibility option, so others won’t see when you’re online
- Party chat with more than 8 people
- Synchronisation of messages across PlayStation platforms
- On-screen prompts for when your friends come online
Personally, the two stand outs for me are the Party Chat numbers and the option to change your user name. Others would be nice but these two are certainly ones that I’d really appreciate.
Prompts for friends are useful but, as I found on the PS3, annoying when you’re trying to watch something on Netflix. Maybe some kind of quick suppression of these would be useful or, better still, the ability to specify programs that won’t be disturbed by these at all (maybe available by pressing Option button on an application).
I have just one question… where’s my survey?