This is a first on my blog – a recipe! In this case, it’s a recipe for a healthy version of baked beans.
If you’re a WW member, then my recipe is usually about 1 point her portion, depending on the ingredients you use.
This is a modified version of a WW member provided receipt, where I’ve replaced a product that can only be purchased directly from WW, by an every-day supermarket item.
2 x tins haricot beans
1 x tin of Heinz/Weight Watchers tomato soup
15ml x balsamic dressing
7g x brown sauce
The WW tomato soup can be found at a lot of supermarkets but, if you struggle getting it, you may find the supermarket does their own low-fat equivalent.
Often, the balsamic dressing will be a WW shop only sachet version, but I’ve found that supermarket low-fat balsamic dressing is just as good. And cheaper.
I’ve used standard HP brown sauce, but there are low fat equivalents of that too, which you may want to use.
As always with WW, track the points for all ingredients, as your variations may make a difference.
How to Make
- Mix the soup, balsamic dressing and brown sauce in a bowl
- Add both tins of haricot beans, including liquid, to a pan and bring to the boil
- Simmer for 20 minutes, until soft
- Add the bowl of soup/sauce/dressing and stir in
- Simmer the result until it’s at a consistency that you want
- You may want to add some extra seasoning too – e.g. some salt.
- Separate into 4 portions
Once cooled, the beans can be frozen for use at a later date.
One reply on “Recipe: Make your own healthy baked beans”
Thank you, David. I’m off to soaking the beans in preparation.
Happy November to you and your family!